Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, Solvang, CA 93463
5370 Hollister Avenue, Suite A, Santa Barbara, CA 93111
Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, Goleta, CA
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara CA
Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, Solvang, CA
Dr. Bradley's philosophy is one of putting care back into medical care. He enjoys being able to devote the necessary time to each patient to ensure that their concerns and questions are completely addressed in a relaxed and unhurried office atmosphere. Not only is the nature of a particular patient's problem carefully explained, but all treatment options are also thoroughly discussed. Patient information handouts written by Dr.Bradley on numerous gynecological topics are readily available. Patients are encouraged to express their feelings about the care they receive in his office, not only from him, but from his office staff as well, in order to provide the best health care possible.
Dr. Bradley's special interest and expertise is in the area of minimally invasive surgery. (Also called "operative laparoscopy" or "pelviscopic surgery") These surgical techniques allow the vast majority of pelvic conditions requiring surgery, to be performed through tiny incisions. Necessary surgery on the ovary (eg. removal of cysts, or adhesions), laparoscopic hysterectomy, surgical treatment of endometriosis, ablative procedures for the alleviation of pelvic pain and menstual cramps, bladder surgery for the correction of incontinence, treatment of fibroids, as well as restorative and corrective pelvic and vaginal surgery are some of the most commonly performed minimally invasive surgical procedures. This approach results in rapid recovery, much less pain, minimal disfigurement, and considerably less cost than conventional surgery, as most cases can be performed in an outpatient setting. In some cases, laser techniques are utilized as well, adding special refinements to some operations. Dr. Bradley also has extensive experience performing endometrial ablation, an outpatient technique for the elimination of excessively heavy or prolonged periods.
Dr. Bradley's wide geographic hospital affiliations allow patients throughout Santa Barbara county to receive any hospital-required care in a location that is convenient for the individual. Routine gynecological care includes annual pelvic exams, PAP smears, hormone management, PMS counselling, and birth control advice.
- University of Ottawa, Canada 1965
- Harbor General - UCLA Medical Center 1965-66
- Ottawa Civic Hospital, General Surgery 1966-1967
- Harbor General - UCLA Medical Center, OB/GYN 1967-71
- City of Hope Medical Center, Oncology 1966-1970
Achievements & Pursuits
- Diplomat, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member,California Medical Association
- Member, American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists
- National and International lecturer, minimally invasive surgery
- 1995 guest instructor, Moscow Russia
- Introduced endoscopic and gynecological laser surgery to Santa Barbara, CA
- Consultant to several pioneering medical companies specializing in minimally invasive surgery.
- Contributing author to award winning manual on ambulatory surgery.
|Getting to Know the Doctor
About Dr. Bradley
Married 1965, wife, Lenora Bradley, three children. Interests include academic writing, research development in new equipment and technology, sailing, gardening, WWII history.
Tom Clancy novels Country Western music
"Every day is an exciting opportunity to learn something new."
To contact Dr. Bradley via his e-mail, email@example.com